Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Eddie Guerrero

am still in shock.One of my favorite wrestlers is gone- and it is not an angle or a hold-out.
Eddie has passed away and like many of his peers way too young- 38.
Eddie has been a favorite of mine since I first saw him wrestle on WCW Nitro( I did not have cable for a good part of the 90's). He had the potent combination of charisma and physical ability to make him a prime-time player in professional wrestling. Every match Eddie was involved in had one of two chants going "Eddie Sucks" - if he was the heel and "Eddie" if he was the face. One of my alltime favorite matches is the fast paced mask v title match he had with Rey Misterio,Jr in WCW during Halloween Havoc. I wished the circumstances would have let the lWo angle play out- and I am glad that Eddie got a second chance with the jump to the WWF with the Radicalz and he got a third chance when he was rehired and then stood in the ring as WWE champ hugging his friend Chris Benoit in the center of the ring.
OK none of this really matters- I miss Eddie and am sad for his family and friends and I will miss him

thank you Eddie RIP

No comments: