Friday, October 28, 2011

RICK JAMES DAY

ok "You and I" ended up on an NBC comedy last night- nothing wrong with that- time for a Rick James party- youtube style

This is more of a time capsule for 1978 than James video- but neat nonetheless


Quiet Storm ballad featuring Rick James and soul legend Smokey Robinson - and damn this video is funny


Probably too clean for some- but I love this latter period groove from Rick James


I actually snagged Fire it Up from a cut-out bin (Love Gun later ended up in a Bill Murray movie) I love this song from this tape also


Early and funky Rick James- "Sexy Lady


From the Flag- maybe a little goofy- but I love the groove


80s Rick James



Before Dave Chappelle parodied him on Comedy Central , Rick James held it down with tons of great funk grooves- I am only touching the surface from his discography. He also wrote hits for Teena Marie, The Mary Jane Girls and 2012 Oscar Host Eddie Murphy






No comments: