Monday, July 02, 2012

Avengers Assembly

The Avengers (2012) - Joss Whedon's helms the Marvel spandex entry into summer movies. Combining CGI, cliches and explosions galore this imperfect super-hero movie was part of my Sunday. Mark Ruffalo did a superb job as the Hulk ( probably the best adaptation since the Bixby/Ferrigino TV show). Tom Hiddleston is a perfect foil as the adopted brother of Thor. His Loki has a plan to take over earth and he is trying to harness a power source from outer space. I also liked Thor, Captain America and Iron Man more in this movie than I do in their own movies. Scarlett Johansson looked good in her getup but her character felt incomplete and while I enjoyed Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, I felt like I learned very little about his persona or history. Overall this worth checking out as a matinee, but I am glad I did not rush out to see the movie nor do I feel the urge to own it. The best part of the movie for me was a brief cameo from the haggard looking Harry Dean Stanton.   B-

In wrestling news - Angelina Love confirmed via Twitter that she has been granted her release from Impact Wrestling and TNA.


To catch up with CZW - click the link to check out their podcast WIRED

No comments: