Wednesday, January 08, 2014

The Topsy Turvy World of the Law and Order universe /// Sunset Strip

When Law and Order first aired I never watched the show. I only watched the show on Netflix after re-watching the Wire and Underbelly. Sadly Netflix only has 8 seasons of the show and 5 seasons or so of SVU. So I have to flood my DVr to get Law and Order and get Hulu Plus to get the whole SVU run. What I love is how some actors get used over and over again in different roles. Dan Lauria(the father from the Wonder Years) has been a pedophile coach , a grieving dad and the chief of police. One fun thing is seeing actors from the Sopranos and the Wire and characters like Ashy Larry from Chappelle's Show and Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm as perps or witnesses. The other thing I like about the show is the turnover of cast- not a single person from the initial show was with Law and Order when it ended although the original captain from the show is still with SVU. Is the show perfect no- I do think the show has devolved - the first season felt more cinematic at times and the writing was tighter and wittier- sure Orbach delivered plenty of punchlines during his run as Lenny Briscoe - but nothing like the repartee between Max and Logan.


 
Oh wow Cutty from the Wire was on season 4 of SVU- yeah he is also on Walking dead. And now Spike Lee's sister(first time I have seen her since I think Jungle Fever).
 
 
 
SUNSET STRIP
This 2012 documentary is a fun ride down the infamous road in tinsel town. Featuring vintage footage and interviews with Hollywood's A-List this is a solid watch for entertainment and history fans who have Netflix streaming.

No comments: